The economy is changing due to the growing digitization. In order to remain competitive and use the new marketing and sales potential, companies have to appear online. Homepage Compliance is getting increasingly important as companies can prevent warnings with it.
For example, erroneous or non-existent privacy policies are a violation of the Telemedia Act (TMG) and the competition law. Warnings from competitors or associations are possible.
Alongside the risk from data protection on the company homepage, the imprint (and its compulsory statements) could be faulty as well. An incomplete imprint violates the information requirements of the Telemedia Act and can also lead to warnings. It should also be noted that the imprint obligation also applies to social networks. Reports of such warnings have recently accumulated, which is why your company is at increased risk.
The general terms and conditions (GTC) may also violate the standards of the German Civil Code (BGB) and can be admonished by competitors.
Providing homepage compliance leads to a secure webpage. Risk minimization, efficiency enhancement and increased effectiveness are the primary objectives of compliance. We gladly support you in doing so.
Companies that want to check their websites for compliance.
How do we help you?
- Consultation and support in the creation of a compliant website
- Creation and adaptation of imprints and privacy policies
- Additional legal consultation on the subject of E-Commerce (e.g., general terms and conditions)
Your advantages through homepage compliance?
- Avoiding negative headlines/loss of Image
- Better rating due to reduced risks
- Competitive advantage through compliance
- Legal certainty
- Minimize the risk of liability
- Positive effects for the company’s Image
- Webpages with high data protection standard
Do you have questions? Please contact: RA Nicole Schmidt, LL.M.