Data Protection Officer
Our focus is consultation in all questions relating to data protection law. Our data protection officers are all lawyers. Through many years of experience in various sectors and company sizes, we are able to develop individual and effective data protection concepts.
Your company needs an operational data protection officer as soon as you employ at least 10 employees to process personal information (such as names or business contact data). In addition, a data protection officer is to be appointed if the company is working with health data or as a credit agency, detective agency, address publisher or market and opinion research institute.
You can test whether your company needs any action right here.
How do we help you?
- Informing and advising the controller
- Consideration of specific legal provisions for order data processing (e.g., processing in the data center)
- Guidance on carrying out of data protection impact assessment for certain types of data processing, if necessary
- Guidance of the public procedure list
- Ensuring compliance with legal requirements by the management
- Coordination and random checks of data security measures as far as the requirements are concerned
- Training of employees
- Verfification of the legal basis for the Transfer of personal data to European or non-European countries
- Transfer of personal data to European or non-European countries
- Commitment of employees to confidentiality
- Safeguarding the rights of those affected (the company must ensure that the data protection provisions are complied with)
Your advantages at the hands of an external data protection officer!
- The special legal protection for in-house data protection officers is cancelled
- No conflict of interest by using a neutral consultant
- No development of unnecessary internal structures
- No additional training and education costs
- Many years of experience in data protection consulting
For more information on the necessity, the tasks and benefits of an external data protection officer, click here.
Do you have questions? Please contact: RA Nicole Schmidt, LL.M