After an almost four-year legislative process, Regulation (EU/2016/679) of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27, 2016 on the protection on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC has been adopted. In Germany further regulations are to be achieved by the Data Protection Adjustment and Implementation Act EU (DSAnpUG-EU), which was passed by the Government in February. With the resulting legal clarity, companies are able to implement the internal arrangements of the new standards. Since the law of the regulation finally comes into effect on the following day, the deadline to do so is May 24, 2018. The time and personnel required to prepare for the GDPR are often underestimated within the company. The GDPR concerns all those who collect, process and use personal data, such as customer or employee data, whether as responsible person or as a contractor.
Companies that need support harmonizing their data processing and technical-organizational processes and measures with the GDPR.
How do we help you?
- Identify existing risks and describing it according to following criteria: cause, early identifiers, time of occurrence and impact.
- Assessment of the risks correspondent to the probability of occurrence and the extent of adverse consequences, as well as the potential for risk avoidance and reduction.
- Structured harmonization between actual and target status, which includes planning further project steps for the implementation of an effective data protection management system.
- Implementing appropriate measures for compliance with the requirements of the GDPR.
Your advantages by adapting to the General Data Protection Regulation!
- Legal certainty with regard to the General Data Protection Regulation
- Averting, the drastically increased, punishments for non-compliance
- Secure data protection for your employees and a good working environment
Do you have questions? Please contact: RA Nicole Schmidt, LL.M.